Just Enough Light
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

When I’m going through something really hard, I want God to show me how it’s all going to work out! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I realize that me seeing how God’s gonna take care of things ahead of time requires very little faith, but that’s just how I feel sometimes. Like recently we’ve sensed God leading our family to adopt a baby from Ethiopia. We’re so excited but I’ve also been concerned about all the changes this will bring. I haven’t had a baby in a really long time!

The other day I was telling my husband about my worries and how I want God to show me how all the pieces are gonna fall together. JJ reminded me that sometimes God gives us just enough light for the step we’re on. When we take that step, He gives us light for the next step, and then the next.

Is God asking you to take a step of faith? I know it can be hard. If you’d like some encouragement, click on Renee’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Free devotion, A Good Kind of Reckless, by Tracie Miles

Fresh Grounded Faith: Devotions to Awaken Your Spirit by Jennifer Rothschild

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Lana said...

I heard this blog spot on the Radio this morning while doing dishes and home with a sick four year old. I stopped in my tracks as the Holy Spirit captured my attention. I've been praying for months about adopting from Colombia but had all but almost given up the quest due to some discouraging details on the length of the process. I already have one adopted child from Guatemala so I know the process, but this time it seemed much more daunting. However, God gave me a verse months ago John 8:12.."I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." I even put it in the dash of my car but really had no idea how it related to this adoption prayer. Then over the past week I've started praying God would light the way b/c I felt we were walking in the dark and everything looked so negative and confusing....still nothing...BUT THEN GOD!! God did a God thing..this morning He brought me full circle as I heard you say "sometimes He gives us just enough light for the step we're on". He spoke very clearly to me about this adoption and that HE would light the way, step by step! I just wanted to share this story so you could hear how God really uses small words of faith to encourage us when we are walking in the darkness! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits