Tears
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Seven years ago I sat in my car and cried and told God I couldn't do what He was asking me to do. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.I'd just picked up the standardized test results for my newly adopted African sons. According to the test, they needed to be in kindergarten, but they were 13 and 14 years old. I was overwhelmed!

Now, seven short years later, Jackson, my oldest, not only graduated from high school, but he also received an Excelsior Award for various achievements.

After the awards ceremony, I sat in my car and cried again. Only this time, they were tears of absolute joy. I was so thankful that seven years ago I couldn't do what God was asking me to do. Because only He could. And that is indescribable. For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.
Related Resources
What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels: , , , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Carol Welty Roper said...

I am so encouraged to see this in writing about crying out to the Lord with the realization that I can not do most things that are required of me. But we are reassured that with the Lord's help all things are possible to those who love and obey Him. The Lord continues to help me accomplish tasks that are too big for me, and He gets all the praise!

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits