Reality Discipline
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I must admit, yesterday I was getting very annoyed with one of my teenage daughters. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. She was fiddling with our laptop computer in what appeared to be a very careless way. I kept saying, ‘please don’t tilt the screen back so far’. Patiently I said it again, and then again. Then I said it one more time with sharpness in my voice. I’m guessing you know the kind.

Thankfully my husband quickly stepped in when he saw my frustration beginning to mount. He rephrased what I had been trying to say. “It’s going to be a costly mistake for you if you break that computer sweetheart.” And that’s all it took. No more rough treatment of the laptop.

Reality discipline is a great way to keep emotional yuck from spewing when our kids need correction. We can let the consequences scream, so we don’t have to. For more encouragement visit Lysa’s blog at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

Who Holds the Key to Your Heart by Lysa TerKeurst

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits