Disappointment
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Recently a friend asked me if I ever struggle with disappointment. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I said yes and threw out a spiritual answer. And then the next day a really big disappointment hit me very hard.

Right after I got the bad news, I spotted a bowl in our home that had been housing several caterpillars my daughter had collected. I couldn’t help but notice that the cocoons were empty. Expecting glorious butterflies, I had to chuckle when I realized that our caterpillars had turned into moths. Yet another thing in my day that wasn't quite right. But when Brooke discovered the moths, she was beyond thrilled! We ran outside to watch tiny wings take flight. She couldn't have cared less if it was a moth or butterfly. And I had to smile because that day I learned my disappointment will only sting if I let it. For more, visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Magazine

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits