Do the Next Thing
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Marybeth Whalen

There are days when I feel completely overwhelmed!! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

When my brain gets bombarded by all things I need to get done, my friend Marybeth will remind me of something she learned from author, Elisabeth Elliot. After her husband died, Elisabeth said she would’ve given up if it weren’t for one simple concept – do the next thing.

When she began to get overwhelmed she’d simply ask herself what was the next thing that she needed to do - and then she’d do it. Then she’d do the next thing, and the next. And all those little "next things" made up her days.

So now, when I feel overwhelmed, I tell myself - "Just do the next thing."

Sometimes the next thing is to do a load of laundry. Or a grocery list. Or to get ready for work. Whatever it is, I focus on that one thing until it's done. And then I move on to do my next “next thing’!

For more, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Labels: , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits