Affirmative Words
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst and Amanda Waldroop

Have you ever let someone else’s discouraging words keep you from following a dream? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Let’s face it: We’ve all been scarred by negative comments made by people in our past. For me, it was my father rejecting me, causing me to lose hope that I would ever be lovable to any man. This insecurity put me on a destructive path of relationships and affected my marriage for years.

What negative words have people spoken to you that have crippled your hope in God’s ability to do great things through you? Don’t give up! When you’re confronted by a discourager, don’t let him or her derail you from your dream. Ask God to send people to encourage you and to offer advice as you follow the path He’s put you on.

If you need some encouragement right now, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

30 Days to Taming Your Tongue; by Deborah Smith Pegues

Get Over It and On With It, By: Michelle McKinney Hammond

“An Encouraging Word”, ETC Jan.2004


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits