Loving Discipline
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope

How do I balance between loving my child and disciplining him? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The Bible says that you are loving your child when you discipline him. The key is to correct your child lovingly. One mom shares from a child’s perspective what every parent needs to know.

· I need to know the difference between right and wrong so please correct me when I do something wrong and tell me what I could have done differently.
· If you are angry with me today, please don’t be mad at me tomorrow.
· If I’m misbehaving and you’re going to punish me, please take me to a room where there is privacy.
· Please treat me with respect, especially if my friends are around.
· I hear you say you love me, but what speaks the loudest is the way you treat me when no one else is around.

These are just a few ways you can speak love loud and clear to your kids even while you correct them. For more parenting ideas visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Don’t Make Me Count to Three, by Ginger Plowman

Tips for A Strong Willed Child, February 2005 ETC



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits