Hold Me Daddy
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Tears were streaming down my face. I couldn’t hide the pain any longer. Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. One Sunday I found myself sobbing during church. I’d been struggling with hurts that I’d kept bottled up inside and now I was struggling to hold it together in front of the people around me. I thought the songs would distract me, but they only melted the walls around my heart, so I closed my eyes. And in that secret place with no one else in view, I sensed God’s presence in a powerful way.

Like a little girl standing at her father’s knees I felt my arms go up as if to say, “Hold me Daddy.” That’s what I needed – to come to my Father, God, and let Him know that my heart hurt. It was a risk because others could see me. But it didn’t matter anymore. I needed to be held. Maybe that’s what you need. God is waiting to hold you with His love and help you through the pain! For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Tips for A Strong Willed Child, February 2005 ETC


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits