Memories Of My Typewriter
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Want to keep your kids engaged in what you’re saying? Tie it to a story from your life. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Once my dad brought home a typewriter that I would sit at for hours typing word after word. I shared this with my kids recently and told them how this was an important clue God used in my life to eventually reveal His purpose for me. I became a writer. Like the Bible says “God had a plan for me.”

My kids loved that story and remained engaged in our discussion about what plans God might have for their lives. I think that’s why Jesus taught with stories. While it may be difficult for a child to recall a passage they just read in the Bible, most can specifically recall the details of a story.

So, why not tie a Scripture verse to a story from your life and see if it helps your kids remember. For more, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa's Blog

Check out the P31 Woman Magazine

What Happens When Women Say Yes To God, by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits