Emotional Stability In Our Kids
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Whether they realize it or not, our children are looking to us for their emotional security. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

If we blur the rules based on a child’s emotional responses we are like shifting sand – unstable and ineffective.

I know this. But in the midst of everyday life it’s so hard. Kids can wear down our resolve to stick with what we know is right.

So, I have to remind myself that it’s good for the parent to be the parent. I’m not supposed to be my kids’ buddy or entertainment director… I’m supposed to be an authority in their lives. Also, I have to give myself a break when I need it. I’m much more likely to give in to them when I’m worn out. Putting these things in place helps give my kids emotional security and me emotional sanity! For more of the mom encouragement we all need, click on Lysa’s blog when you visit Proverbs31.org

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa's Blog

Check out the P31 Woman Magazine

What Happens When Women Say Yes To God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Am I Messing Up My Kids?, by Lysa Terkeurst

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits