Verbalizing Thankfulness
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I was feeling tired and very grumpy recently, and I had no idea why. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Several weeks ago I had one of those raw, edgy attitudes with lots of negative thoughts running through my mind.

On days like this I make an extra effort to sit down with my Bible and ask God to please interrupt my yucky feelings with His truth. As I was searching, one thought kept coming across my mind. Be thankful!

So I started listing things I was thankful for. The more I verbalized what I was thankful for, the less cloudy my heart felt. I couldn’t explain my feelings and I didn’t understand my feelings. But, I found that verbalizing my thankfulness was the very thing that kept me from wallowing in the pit.

So, let’s be thankful that God makes a way for us to live our lives based on truth rather than our unpredictable feelings. For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits