A One or Two Verse Day
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Trying to read the Bible can seem so overwhelming! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

There are so many chapters, deep thoughts, and spiritual insights, where do we start?

Right now I’m in a season where I don’t read several chapters at a time. Lately, it’s just one or two verses. Verses that I savor word by word, letting them sink deep…interrupting me, rearranging me, redirecting me.

These truths are the protective covering I crave. As I concentrate on these one or two verses, I’m reminded to pause.

Pause and let God interrupt my natural responses. Pause so I don’t make conversations all about me. Pause and remember I’m not always right.

Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed with the enormity of the Bible. Try reading just a verse or two and let them set the tone for today. For more, visit Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, by Lysa TerKeurst

Visit Lysa's Blog

Check out all of of Lysa's resources here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits