What Do You Really Want?
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Conflict can be messy and uncomfortable but what if it can actually be good? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently, I was hurt by something a friend had done.

I realized I had a choice to make. I could get all caught up in the emotion and make this a much bigger deal than it needed to be or I could try a better perspective. As I read some passages from the Bible on staying calm, a question came to mind, “Lysa, what do you really want?”

That question helped me cut through the emotion and focus on a solution. I called my friend and we talked. I asked her if the solution I thought of might work. We processed it together and made some great progress.

I think there’s something to this. If we can identify what we’re after, we won’t get lost in a whirlpool of feelings along the way. For more, click on Lysa’s blog when you visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits