Nothing Tastes as Good as Peace Feels
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Two years ago I set out on what I thought would be a 3 month fast from sugar to lose weight. And, I’m still on it! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Before my sugar fast, I was constantly bouncing between feeling deprived and feeling guilty. I either felt deprived because I was trying to watch what I ate or guilty because I’d slipped back into the ‘eat whatever I want’ phase.

But, after eating a sugar-free diet for a month my cravings had started to release their awful grip on me. The sting of sacrifice didn’t sting as much.

Instead of feeling deprived I felt empowered because I was finally courageous enough to say no to the very thing that used to control my life!

My goal wasn’t just a number on the scale. My weight loss goal was peace. And I can assure you, no treat in this world tastes as good as this peace feels.

Read more when you click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Made to Crave
, by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits