The Thankful Journal
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Why does the grass always look greener everywhere except where I’m standing? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

When I was first married, I focused on everything that was wrong with my husband. I grumbled and nagged and tried desperately to change him. And I almost destroyed my marriage.

Thankfully, things changed. But, the change started in me, not my husband! As I was in yet another fit of tears asking God to make things better, I felt challenged to make a list of all the things about Art that I was actually thankful for.

Well, there were so many good qualities; I was shocked at how blind I’d been to them. And slowly, as my heart changed, my marriage started to change, too.

So now when I’m tempted to look for the grass to get greener at home or at work, I try to remember that list and get intentional about being thankful for what I already have!

For more, click on Lysa's blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Capture His Heart, by Lysa TerKeurst

Capture Her Heart, by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits