The Woman I Want to Be
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’ve spent my life trying to keep my raw emotions in check. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

You know what I mean by raw emotions, right? Those irrational feelings we hide from most of the world but spew on those we love the most.

I love Jesus and I love my family…passionately! But, sometimes I get thrown for a loop emotionally and it’s the people I love most that can pay the price.

Learning to navigate those raw emotions is kind of like peeling back the layers of an onion. If I find something ugly, I have to ask myself a crucial question… am I going to let this define me or refine me? If this raw emotion defines me, I’ll feel defeated. If I let it refine me, I’ll be motivated to make positive changes.

God doesn’t want me to give in to my raw emotions. He wants me to be refined into the hope filled women I’m meant to be. For more visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Am I Messing Up My Kids?
by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits