Stressful Mornings
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Mornings used to be SO stressful at my house. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I used to chase everyone around reminding them, “It’s time to go. We’re gonna be late. We have 3 minutes to get out that door.” And there I would go, snapping and yelling and wearing myself out to an absolute frazzle. At the end of every morning I was frustrated and exhausted.

But then it occurred to me, the world wouldn’t stop spinning if I simply said what time I was leaving and then simply left at that time. So I tried it.

Several kids missed the mommy bus that first day. But instead of screaming all the way to school I chuckled and remained calm. They would have to beg a ride from their Dad and deal with the school’s consequences for tardiness. And you better believe it rarely happened again after that.

For more parenting ideas that bring peace instead of stress, click on Lysa’s blog when you visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Am I Messing Up My Kids? by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits