Holding Back
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

When my two-year old gets mad at me, she won’t give me any hugs or kisses! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Aster usually holds back her affection when I’ve disciplined her or said no to something she wanted. It’s really the only way she can retaliate without getting in trouble! As much as I want her sweet little kisses, I know she needs to learn that she can’t have everything she wants.

Recently when Aster was holding back her affection from me, it made me wonder if I ever keep my affection from God because I’m upset that things haven’t gone the way I wanted? Do I spend less time with Him, or pray less? I think I might sometimes.

You know, just like I want Aster to trust my decisions, I wanna trust that my Heavenly Father knows what’s best for me, too. So, I’m trying to make sure I tell God how much I love Him, no matter how I feel about what He’s doing or not doing in my life!

For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Pre-order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits