Leading So Kids Will Follow
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Michelle Weber

I get so excited when I actually see God working! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The other night my friend, Michelle, saw God work in her family.

As everyone sat down to dinner, the whining started. “I need a new notebook;” “When can I re-do my room?”

Rather than lecturing on needs vs. wants, Michelle started talking about the great day she’d had. It was nothing out of the ordinary but she simply talked about how thankful she was for each normal thing. Then she asked her daughters what they were thankful for.

There was a long pause at first, but after a little thought, they got on a roll: “I’m thankful Mom jumped on the trampoline with us,” “I’m thankful Bella didn’t get out of the yard again,” and, “I’m thankful Emily didn’t get hurt at practice.” Now they were getting somewhere!

You know, our children usually reject lessons they hear in our lectures so like my friend, Michelle, let’s lead the way and bring them along with us.

For more parenting encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Linger Just A Moment Longer, free devotion by Lysa TerKeurst

Connect with Renee on Facebook

Five-Star Families: Moving Yours from Good to Great by Carol Kuykendall


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits