Runaway Ramps
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Marybeth Whalen

Have you ever noticed those runaway truck ramps on mountain highways? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. On a recent trip through the mountains I noticed several emergency exit ramps. They’re created for large trucks that need somewhere to go if their brakes fail, or if they lose control.

I thought about how I could use some runaway ramps! Sometimes I get going too fast, committing to too many things. Sometimes my brakes don’t work as I travel down a path of temptation. And sometimes I need to exit a relationship that’s heading down a slippery slope.
Maybe we all need some runaway ramps. Perhaps exercising could be one. Or having coffee with a friend. Possibly a weekend with no commitments so we can rest. Maybe talking with a Christian counselor or pastor would be a good idea.

No matter what our ramps are, they could make the difference between flying dangerously through each day or making it safely through life!

For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org

Related Resources

Visit Renee’s Blog

Free Devotion, A Runaway Ramp by Marybeth Whalen

Balance That Works When Life Doesn’t, by Susie Larson


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits