Blue Satin Shoes
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Recently at my youngest daughter’s choir performance, I scanned the row of neatly dressed children in uniforms and black shoes. But then some blue satin shoes, three sizes too big, caught my attention. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

My husband noticed the shoes at the same moment and leaned over to whisper, “What is our daughter wearing?”

It appears she had decided that her outfit needed a little ‘pizzazz.’ In that moment I had a choice to get all caught up in the I’m such a bad mom dialogue… “good moms know what kind of shoes their daughter has on before she clunks across stage.” Or, I could see it as a funny memory we’ll enjoy talking about forever.

As a mom I’m learning to let only God’s truth define me and my kids. So, if you see me in the grocery store this week wearing some blue satin shoes of my own, just high five me. For more encouragement log on to Proverbs 31.org.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Sherri Statler said...

My daughter's a pizzaz girl too. Always telling me I need to be more "accessorated!" God was chuckling when he decided she would be the child we would adopt!

Thanks for the giggle.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits