Childhood Memories
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

When I was twelve, my family moved from the suburbs of New Orleans to a farmhouse in Shelby, North Carolina.

Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries and, as you can imagine, this middle-school city girl, had a lot to learn!

One Saturday my stepfather took me out to a field and showed me several rows of green beans that I was responsible to pick. Well, I was done in less than an hour and I was so proud of myself! But, when my green beans were inspected, I got in trouble! You see, instead of picking the beans off the plants, I pulled the whole plant out of the ground, and then picked the beans off the stems. My stepdad was sure I did it on purpose so they wouldn't grow back. I don't think I was that smart, but there weren’t as many beans to pick the next time!

It wasn’t so funny then, but it cracks me up now! What’s one of your funniest childhood memories? Click on “Renee’s blog” at Proverbs31.org and tell me all about it.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Check out our Resources at P31

Find more free encouragement on our Everyday Life page.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits