Drooping Daisies
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I don’t know about you but I can get a little droopy at times!

Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries

My friend Kesha told me that she and several women in her office were given Gerber Daisies as a gift. Kesha took hers home where she watered it, put it in her kitchen window, and watched it bloom!

On Monday, one of Kesha’s co-workers realized she’d left her daisy at work all weekend…in the dark, with no water. Well, the stems were drooping and the petals had turned dark. But, instead of throwing it away, they gave it lots of fresh water and put it in the sun.

By the end of the day, the petals were pink again and the drooping stems were standing upright.

Sometimes I’m just like that flower. When I go too long without soaking up God’s words in the Bible or sitting in the warmth of His presence talking and listening to Him, I can get droopy, too.

For ideas on helping your heart flourish and grow, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Check out our Resources at P31

Find more free encouragement on our Everyday Life page


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits