The Loser Label
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

The year was 1982. I was in the 7th grade and had just learned a tough lesson. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. It was the day after student counsel elections and I’d learned that if you didn't have beauty and boyfriends in middle school it seemed no one would vote for you. As I shuffled toward my locker I found one of my election posters plastered with the word "loser".

We’ve all felt the sting of loneliness. Relationships can be hard no matter what age you are. But I've been able to find comfort in the One who will never reject me. The One who knows what it feels like to be rejected. The One who reminds me rejection from man doesn't equal rejection from God. The One who whispers to the girl standing at her locker, "Who are they to put a label on you? It can only stick if you let it." For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits