Home Sweet Home
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing writers: Melanie Chitwood and Renee Swope

Would your family describe the temperature of your home as cold or warm and loving? Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

If you’re like most women one of your many jobs is taking care of your home. The thought of that used to make me think of laundry that never ends and a kitchen that never stays clean. But then I realized my focus doesn’t need to be on my housekeeping but on my heart.

My heart serves as a thermostat that sets the temperature for the rest of my home. I can establish a climate that’s peaceful or chaotic, loving or cold. Here are some ways I try to create a welcoming atmosphere. I try to smile a lot and give lots of hugs. I watch my tone of voice and light candles to create a warm and cozy feeling. And most importantly, I try to spend time with God each day. When I do, He gives me His perspective and His presence, which is the most effective climate control in my home. For more ideas, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit
Renee’s Blog

The Mommy Manual by Barbara Curtis

What a Husband Needs from His Wife by Melanie Chitwood

Connection Rituals, Free devotion by Rachel Olsen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits