Starting My Day with Jesus
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I woke up this morning with a looong TO DO list consuming my thoughts. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I hadn't even opened my eyes before the line items on my TO DO list started begging for my attention. My list had categories AND sub-categories. TO DO around the house, TO DO while running errandsTO DO for the kids and JJ, TO DO for workScrolling down my mental list was not a good way to begin my day, so I decided to roll over and start again.

"Good morning Jesus.” I whispered. “How are you today?" I just had to smile at myself and wonder if God was hoping I’d ask. His peace came over me as I lay there talking to Him.

Why don't I do this every morning? It was such a great way to start my day - talking to Jesus before my eyes even opened. And listening to His thoughts before I tackled mine. For more ideas on starting your day with God, sign up for some free daily encouragement at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

My Help Comes from the Lord by Renee Swope

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Sign up to receive Encouragement for Today, free email devotions


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits