Unplug
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

My husband decided our family should get away for a few days - but I thought we were just TOO BUSY! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Our kids had school projects; I had tons of work and a big deadline to meet! But JJ insisted we needed to pull away from the pressures and do something fun.

I decided to bring my laptop so I could do a little work each day and not get more behind. But then I realized I’d have to go down the mountain to a coffee shop since we wouldn’t have internet in our cabin.

I think this was God’s way of telling me to totally "unplug" from work, and plug IN to time with my family…. And it WAS just what I needed!!

Sometimes it seems like there’s no good time to pull away. But when we can unplug from life’s demands, we come back renewed and better able to do what we need to do!

For ways to unplug from busyness and plug in to God and your family, visit Proverbs ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Click here to visit Renee’s Blog for more encouragement.

Connect with Renee on Facebook

Building the Christian Family You Never Had: A Practical Guide for Pioneer Parents by Mary E. DeMuth

Family Connection Rituals, Free Everyday Life Article by Rachel Olsen


1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Loved your post that is something I to had been struggling with being so busy with church activities, work, life in general. I had not been disciplined with plugging in to God's word and my heart could feel it. I am so grateful that I stopped and unplugged from work and misc. to hang out with God this past weekend. He truly has already blessed me and it is only MONDAY YEA!

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits