Connecting in the Car
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

The other day a friend asked me why I drive my kids to school instead of having them ride the bus. Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

My boys go to a school that doesn’t have bus service, so it's not an option, but even if it was, I’d still drive them in the morning. Ever since they were little, I’ve noticed that talking and praying with my kids in the car is a great way to connect. It gives me the chance to encourage them before their day starts with all the stress and strain of school and peer pressure.

I know we can’t all drive our kids to school. But we can all look for ways to connect with them. The car’s a great place to do it because there are fewer distractions and we’re all together in the same place. Whether we’re on the way to school, the grocery story, or wherever, it's a great time to talk, and listen!

How do you connect with your kids? Let me know by clicking on Renee’s blog when you visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Click here to visit Renee’s Blog for more encouragement.

Connect with Renee on Facebook

That's My Son, How Moms can Influence Boys to Become Men of Character by Rick Johnson

Raising Good Kids, a free devotion by Sharon Glasgow

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits