I’m Not Good Enough
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Gary Morland with Renee Swope

Do you ever get a feeling that you’re not good enough? Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Sometimes I’ll be thinking about something I want to do or dreams I want to fulfill and all of a sudden this feeling of doubt comes over me. It’s like someone’s telling me I’ll never measure up.

My friend Gary wrote on his blog that he finally came up with an answer to his “You’re not good enough” feeling:

First he just admits it. He tells himself. “You got that right. I’m all wrecked up. You don’t know the half of it.” Then he reminds himself that his “good enough” comes from Jesus. And that settles the performance part.

The truth is when we belong to Jesus, we’re covered in His goodness. We’re loved and accepted forever because God is constantly offering us His love and grace. So, it’s His goodness that makes us good enough!

Find out more about God’s never ending love for you at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

The idea for this show came from something my friend Gary Morland wrote on his blog. To read more click here.

Free devotion, My Thoughts vs. God’s Word, by Melissa Taylor

Behind Those Eyes: What's Really Going on Inside the Souls of Women by Lisa Whittle

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger LauraLee Shaw said...

Ugh, was just having some of these ick feelings today. I know from the Truth tucked away in my heart that it isn't true, but every now and again, my emotions scream louder. The only thing I know to do in those moments is fight the battle on my knees. The Lord can reign over my flesh thoughts as I give them over to Him. What a great topic!

Anonymous Amy Vogel said...

Every time I think about the future of my ministry, which is probably not even considered in it's infancy - probably still in the womb(!) - I hear that voice tell me I have no qualifications, no resume, no seminary training, nothing to credit it to me to getting published or speaking gigs. But you gave me the right answer - Christ is in me and He is more than enough. Bless you ladies!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Great Blog. I submitted you to Reddit and Digg. If you want, you can check out my article here: World of Warcraft Mods You Need

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits