Surrendering
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

This morning, I couldn't sleep! My mind was too busy figuring out what I had to do today, this week, and this month! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I woke up feeling like I needed to hand over all my thoughts and plans to God. I had so many decisions to make and changes to figure out. There was no way I could do it all. And I felt like God was telling me to ask for His help.

So what exactly does that look like? For me, handing things over, or surrendering, happens when I empty my thoughts and my heart of all that I’m carrying, and let go of everything I want or think that I need.Surrender is never easy for me because I’m afraid to let go. But I can’t figure out why I try to hold onto things I can’t change or control!

What about you? Is there something you need to trust God with today? Maybe we can work on it together. Visit Renee’s Blog at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Free devotion, Further Still with God, by Sharon Sloan, She Speaks Conference Graduate

Jesus Calling: A 365-Day Journaling Devotion by Sarah Young

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits