Feeling Bullied
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Gary Morland with Renee Swope

Sometimes I feel like I am being bullied by my own thoughts! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries!

I don’t know about you, but there’s one thought that tends to creep in and act like my own private bully! He always shows up when I have tons of things to do and have to do all of them at the same time and it’s gonna be a huge challenge. Or when I get tired or discouraged; that when he starts bullying me.

He doesn’t say it out loud, but I hear it, and if I’m not careful, I believe it. He tells me a very simple, very subtle lie.

“You are what you do. If you fail in this, then that’s who you are.”

Funny thing is, I don’t hear that when I succeed. And it would be a lie if I did. The truth is, I am not what I do. I’m not a success because I get it all done. I’m not a failure when I don’t! And neither are you!

For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

The idea for this show came from something my friend, Gary Morland, wrote on his blog. To read more click here.

Free devotion, Failing Forward, by Renee Swope

Self Talk, Soul Talk: What to Say When You Talk to Yourself by Jennifer Rothschild

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits