The Crucible of Perseverance
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

When I was in college I took an economics class that confirmed my decision NOT to major in business. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I couldn't process the micro or macro economic principles. Nothing connected and I was failing. So, I called my Step Dad and pleaded my case for dropping this nightmare class. But, he said, "No, Lysa. If I let you drop this class, I’d be doing you a terrible disservice. There are lessons that can only be learned when you're placed in the crucible of perseverance." It’s true. I know I find myself too often avoiding challenge for fear of failure. Some things may not be easy for us and we may never learn to do them perfectly. But, perfection comes from strengths we knew we had. Perseverance comes from tapping into something inside us we're surprised we had. And that’s worth discovering.

For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Everyday Life Encouragement, Purposeful Living

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Who Holds the Key to Your Heart by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits