Goals
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

A friend recently asked me what my goals are for the next five years. To which I quickly replied, “I have no idea!” Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. God promises many times in the Bible that He has a plan for our lives. Since our lives are lived moment by moment, that must mean that He has a purpose for each of our minutes, each of our hours, and each of our days.

So when I stopped to think about this recently, I realized I was so focused rushing toward the future, I had stopped considering God’s purpose for right now. I stopped looking for God in this moment.

I’ve learned that my goals won’t bring me significance and self-worth. Now I’m not saying having a plan is wrong. But it should never take my focus off of God and His moment by moment intentions for me. For more, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
P31 Magazine

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what I needed to hear! Sometimes I feel like I have tunnel vision toward the future. I forget each precious moment I have and how God is working now this very moment in my life!
Thanks for the reminder!

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits