Mom on a Journey
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

One of my number one jobs as a mom is to remain calm. Don’t panic, don’t panic! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The truth is, I’m a mom on a journey. A mom who doesn’t have all the answers and a mom who doesn’t always hold to her conviction to remain calm.

I wish I could claim to be an expert on this topic. If only I had a fool proof solution tucked in my back pocket. But that’s the beauty of a journey. It allows for treasures to be accumulated along the way, and I’ve learned a thing or two. I’ve learned to be aware of the triggers that chip away at my resolve. Triggers come in all forms. Too little sleep. Too tight of a time schedule. Too little planning. Too little time with God. Being aware of these triggers and doing my best to eliminate them keeps my emotions from escalating and my temper from flaring. For more everyday life encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

The Bathtub is Overflowing, but I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Woman Magazine

The Mother I Want to Be, a free devotion by Glynnis Whitwer

She’s Gonna Blow! Real Help for Dealing with Mom Anger, by Julie Ann Barnhill


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits