Simple Love
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Holly Good

I think maybe I should actually listen to my nine-year-old a little more often. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst from Proverbs 31 Ministries. During my usual hustle and bustle afternoon schedule, I picked up by daughter Brooke from an after school tutoring session. As we headed home she pleaded with me to stop and visit a friend of mine.

To be honest, I didn’t feel like stopping. I needed to get home, fix dinner and begin our busy evening routine. Reluctantly, I gave in to Brooke after her third “please mommy, please.” As we entered my friend’s home, Brooke joyfully ran to greet her with a smile, a big hug, and kiss on the cheek. She then happily planted herself right on her lap.

This impromptu visit turned out to be the highlight of my friend’s day. I hope I can remember my daughter’s gentle lesson of simple Christ-like love. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

The Bathtub is Overflowing, but I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Harvest Blessings, free article from Encouragement For Today


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits