How Will They Remember Me?
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I recently went to a friend's funeral. It was hard – but it was also beautiful! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I've been thinking about my friend Anne, and the legacy she’s left behind. Anne always chose to love everyone she met. She pointed to God in every waking moment and impacted the lives of people God placed around her. Throughout her life, and even through her battle with cancer, she reflected God's grace.

Anne chose a song called “Remember Me” to be played at the end of her funeral. As I sat there listening and crying, my friend challenged me to think about my own legacy and to ask, "How will others remember me?"

Will I choose to love? Will I point to God no matter what?

Anne taught me that leaving a legacy is about moment by moment choices I make each day – the way I LIVE truly determines what I’ll LEAVE behind!

To learn more about a living and leaving a legacy of love, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Living and Leaving a Legacy DVD, by Renee Swope

Building the Christian Family You Never Had, by Mary DeMuth

You Will Not Be Forgotten, a free devotion by Glynnis Whitwer


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits