Looking for Love
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Sometimes when you look for love, you’ll actually find it!

Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’ll never forget the day I found the love I was looking for!

I’d been struggling with depression for years. One day I was walking around my college campus thinking about my life and wondering why I felt so empty;

I thought about my dreams of marrying my high school sweetheart – dreams that crumbled because I expected him to be everything I needed.

I thought about my professors and friends whose approval I so desperately wanted.

I thought about how hard I’d worked to graduate with honors to prove my worth.

I wondered why none of it was enough. Then God whispered to my heart a thought I’d never had: "Renee, all you’ve ever wanted is unconditional love. But, you’ll never find the love you need in anyone but ME!”

That’s the day I found the love I’d been looking for! To learn more about God’s unconditional love, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Do You Want to Get Well, a free devotion by Wendy Blight

Who Holds The Key To Your Heart?, by Lysa Terkeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits