How Do I Respond?
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

How do I respond when someone makes me mad? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

There once was a city divided by a great wall. The people on one side hated those who lived on the opposite side. So one night they decided to gather all the trash they could find on their side of the city and threw it over the wall - leaving a mound of garbage for their neighbors to wake up to.

The next morning the recipients of the garbage held a meeting and devised a plan. That night they gathered beautiful things and threw them over the wall. Flowers and anything beautiful they could find were tossed in a heap on the other side. And above the mound of beautiful things they hung a note that said: "Each man gives what he has.”

So, what do I give in return when someone offends me? When someone cuts me off in traffic or treats me rudely? Do I throw an insult their way or do I offer something beautiful like a smile?For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Get Over It and Get On With It, by Michelle McKinney Hammond

Anger Management for Moms, free article from Every Day Life


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits