Waking Up Worried
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I know things are bad when I start the day overwhelmed with worry! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I woke up this morning with that pit in your stomach feeling. We’re waiting for test results from an MRI my daughter had on her shoulder.

When I woke up with this dread in my heart, I could only think of four words to pray, “God, please help me.” Inside those simple words were the cries of a mom for wisdom to know how to help navigate a precious 13- year-old’s heart past whatever the results will show. She’s a gymnast and has high hopes with her sport.

Through prayer and Bible reading I came to realize that the greatest things are not found in achieving the goals we desire. The best things are found in experiencing God along life’s path and trusting that no matter where He leads, His route is always the best. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

What Happens When Women Walk In Faith, by Lysa Terkeurst

An Attitude of Gratitude, a free devotion by Micca Campbell


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits