Getting Out the Door in the Morning
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Do you ever feel like you might tear your hair out in the morning trying to get everyone out the door? I know I do! Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. The other day I was SO frustrated as I told one of my teenagers for the tenth time that we had to go. The other kids were in the car waiting and with each second that passed I felt my blood pressure rising. I finally marched into the house and announced I was leaving in one minute with or without her. The minute came and went and still no daughter. So, I simply drove away! And you know what? I felt empowered. I let the consequences scream so I didn’t have to. Now, I realize that won’t work with a toddler. You can’t just drive off and leave little ones behind. But, there’s something to be said for establishing clear consequences for irresponsibility and then sticking with them! For more encouragement as a mom, log onto Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Everyday Life, Make School Mornings Less Stressful

Be the Parent, by Kenra Smiley

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits