Hanging On
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Susanne Scheppmann

Do you ever feel like you’re just barely hanging on in life? I did, just this week! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The other day I was watching some small birds outside my window hanging upside down from a mesh feeder. They clung to the feeder with their tiny toes and pecked at the seeds inside. Then a strong gust of wind shook the feeder, but the birds didn’t let that bother them. They calmly pecked away. Soon some bigger birds tried to knock them off the feeder. Again, they clung to the mesh. They wouldn’t let anything pull them away from their food source. I glanced at the Bible on my desk and thought, “There’s my spiritual food. Do I cling to it, no matter what challenges come my way?” I have to admit I don’t always cling to God’s words when times get tough. But, those little birds have inspired me to dig in and hold on tight! For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31 Ministries and click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Hanging On, Free Online Daily Devotion, November 10, 2006, by Susanne Scheppmann

6 Habits of Highly Effective Christians, by Brian T. Anderson and Glynnis Whitwer

Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits