Praying with a Thankful Heart
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

If I were facing a pit of hungry lions I wonder how thankful I’d be. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries and recently I was reading about Daniel in the Bible. Daniel loved God and lived to serve Him. However, one day a decree was passed by the King that said anyone caught praying to God would be thrown into a den of lions. But, Daniel continued to pray. And, what did he pray? He gave thanks to God as he had done before. Well, praying with a thankful heart proved powerfully effective. When Daniel was thrown in with the lions God shut the animals’ mouths and Daniel’s life was spared! I wonder if my life were at stake if the first thing I’d do would be to say a prayer of thanks. Wow, what a challenge to have an attitude of gratitude every day. For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
A Busy Woman’s Guide To Prayer, by Cheri Fuller

An Attitude of Gratitude, Free Online Daily Devotion, June 2, 2007, by Micca Campbell

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits