Thank you!
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’m learning that being able to be thankful for the little things is a BIG gift. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Several years ago my middle daughter was very sick and in the hospital off and on for over a year. During this time I learned how to be thankful for the small things. A simple smile from her would delight my heart for days. Seeing her have enough energy to sit up and sip some water would send me to my knees thanking God. Some days, just knowing she was still breathing brought tears of joy to my eyes. Now she’s a thriving, healthy teenager and I sometimes forget to be thankful for the small things. But I don’t want to slip into taking these things for granted. So, I think I’ll pause in this moment and remember to say, “Thank you, God. Thank you for all things big and small.” For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31 Ministries and click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

The Air I Breathe, by Louie Giglio

The Friendships of Women, Free Online Daily Devotion, November 24, 2006, by Glynnis Whitwher

An Attitude of Gratitude, Free Online Daily Devotion, June 2, 2007, by Micca Campbell

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits