Get Real
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope and Tracie Miles

Sometimes I hesitate when people ask how they can pray for me. Hi, I'm Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. As I wrote down the long list of prayer requests, I realized we weren’t praying for each other. We were praying for other people in our lives: someone’s neighbor was having marriage problems; a co-worker was sick; a friend’s child was being rebellious. The requests were prayer-worthy, but why we weren’t praying for our own struggles - our own marriages, our jobs, or our challenges in life?

I knew I needed to be transparent. You see, when I’m real, people can see, pray for, and love the “real me.” And they get to see real prayers answered. Stories about a restored marriage, about forgiving someone who betrayed me, or about recovering from an addiction could be just what someone needs to hear so their life can be changed. God, help me get past my insecurities and fear so I can use my experiences to help others see You working in my life. For more encouragement, click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Get Real, Free Online Daily Devotion, October, 12, 2007, by Tracie Miles

The Confident Woman, by Anabel Gillman

Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits