Recipe for Respect
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope with Sharon Glasgow

When my husband, JJ, gets home from work, my heart literally smiles! But it hasn’t always been that way! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. There was a time when I felt frustrated with my husband. My critical spirit convinced me that he didn’t know how to do anything right, and I questioned his leadership of our family.

So, what changed? I found a recipe for respect –and the main ingredient is honor.

What I discovered is that when I respect and honor my husband, God pours out His love on me, which allows me to pour out that same love on JJ. This means honoring his decisions, honoring him in front of our kids and honoring him in conversations with my friends. I ask God to give my husband wisdom as the spiritual leader of our home and to give me the ability to show JJ the respect that he needs. I want him to know I trust and believe in him as a husband and father. For more marriage encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

What a Husband Needs from His Wife by Melanie Chitwood:

“In His Dreams,” November 30, 2006, Online Daily Devotion

Capture His Heart by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits