The “I’s” Have It
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Jill Tracey

When it comes to conflict, the “I’s” have it! Hi, I’m Renee Swope/Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. When you’re arguing with your spouse or one of your children do you use “I” statements or “you” statements? I find it much easier to say things like, “You’re not listening to me”, “It’s YOUR fault!” But, those statements don’t get our relationship very far. So, I’ve been trying to focus on myself during a conflict. Although it takes more effort to say things like, “Maybe I’m not being clear”, “What have I done to upset you?” …in the end we usually clear up our disagreement faster without resorting to yelling at each other. So, it’s really our choice…the “I” statements or the “you” statements. But, when it comes to what’s positive and healthy for our relationships with our loved ones, the “I’s” win it every time! For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

30 Days To Taming Your Tongue, by Deborah Smith Pegues

Addicted To Self, March 15, 2007,Online Devotion

God’s Purpose for Every Woman Devotional Book, Edited by Lysa TerKeurst and Rachel Olsen



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits