“Convenient Excuses”
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldrop

How can we get really excited about the difference God can make in our lives? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. For me, saying yes to God is key. It breaks my heart to think about how many times I’ve said no to God when He’s clearly asked me to do something. In a moment of sheer laziness or fear of saying the wrong thing, I’ve politely pulled out my convenient list of excuses like:
“I’m too tired.”
“I feel too insecure.”
“I’m too busy.”

Selfishly, I chose to bypass God’s divine appointment for me to experience Him. Since I can’t go back and change what might have been, I can ask God to forgive my disobedience and lack of faith. Then, I can choose to throw out my list of convenient excuses and start taking a chance on saying “yes” to all that God asks of me.

For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org

Related Resources:
What Happens When Women Say Yes to God; by Lysa TerKeurst

Open for Service”, June 14, 2007, Online Daily Devotion

God’s Purpose for Every Woman Devotional Book, Edited by Lysa TerKeurst and Rachel Olsen

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits