“The Empty Podium”
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

When is the last time we’ve thought about our legacy? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently I was asked to speak at a banquet. Right before I got up to speak, the coordinators of the event paid tribute to one of their own that had just graduated to heaven. A friend of the family sang a moving song while they flashed pictures of Janice who seemed way too young and vivacious to truly be gone. Though the song was lovely what really captivated my heart was the empty podium on the stage. This podium just one year before had been occupied by Janice. Though her words were no longer being spoken from stage, the legacy of her life that we all carried in our hearts spoke loud and clear. Lord, remind me daily of the legacy that I am building every day of my life.

For more encouragement click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Worship: Nearing The Heart of God Brian T Anderson & Glynnis Whitwer

For more encouragement, read Honoring God with Your Life

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits