Family First
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Jill Tracey

Sometimes I get so busy serving other people that my own family gets neglected. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I don’t know about you but my desire to help others can often leave my family feeling like second best. Attending a PTA meeting, taking a meal to a friend who just had a baby and volunteering at church are all good things. But when those things interfere with me loving and serving my family, I know it’s time to cut something out.

In her book, A Life that Says Welcome, Karen Ehman says if she can’t give her family something as good as, or better than, what she’s offering others, she says no. For instance, if she’s taking a scrumptious lasagna, freshly baked bread, and a cherry pie to someone else’s family while her own family has to scrounge around for frozen fish sticks, then she knows it’s time to cut back so her family comes first. For more ways to put your family first, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

A Life that Says Welcome by Karen Ehman

“Hats, March 19, 2007, Online Daily Devotion

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits