Separation Anxiety
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Micca Campbell and Renee Swope

What do you do when your children feel anxious about being separated from you? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I have to travel away from home for a day or two each month. My absence sometimes creates separation anxiety for my sons. As I’m headed out the door they’ll tell me they’re concerned about what might happen while I’m away.

One thing that helps my sons, and me, is to remember that Jesus’ disciples were worried before He left earth. They didn’t know how they’d manage without Him. Jesus told them, “Don’t be troubled. Trust God, trust also in Me.”

I remind my kids that I’ll be back. And, I go over activities and plans I’ve made for them in advance – just like Jesus. And I pray with them, reminding them that even though I’ll be gone, Jesus will still be with them – and so will their daddy! For more encouragement as a mom, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
“Hope for the Anxious Heart,” December 28, 2006, Online Daily Devotion

Be The Parent, by Kendra Smiley

Anxiety”, May 1, 2006, Online Devotion

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT THESE ARE VERY GOOD POINTS AND I AM GOING TO LEARN TO USE THEM THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits